The i3 admissions process is competitive; however, we are looking for qualities beyond GPA. We seek students who have shown academic promise, including those who have demonstrated marked improvement over their college careers.
Who Should Apply?
- Undergraduate students enrolled in an accredited college or university in the United States; students that have recently graduated may also apply
- Students enrolled in any academic major; undeclared or undecided students are also welcome to apply
- Students who have an interest in graduate school
- Students who are open to exploring the information sciences and its many interdisciplinary fields
- Individuals that can demonstrate a commitment to diversity and increasing opportunities for underrepresented populations
- U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Application, including three essay questions
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official undergraduate transcripts
Applications for the 2013 i3 cohort are now closed.
Submitting Your Application
The application is available online here.
Instructions for Letters of Recommendations are available here (downloadable). Please download and send this file to those who have agreed to submitt letters on your behalf. Completed letters and your official undergraduate transcripts should be sent to:
iSchool Inclusion Institute (i3)
University of Pittsburgh
School of Information Sciences
135 N. Bellefield Avenue, Room 603
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Helpful Hints for Applying
- Proofread your application!
- Submit your application early.
- Ask people for letters of recommendation who can highlight your skills and accomplishments. Letters of recommendation should not come from friends or family.