The i3 admissions process is competitive; however, we are looking for qualities beyond GPA. We seek students who have shown academic promise, including those who have demonstrated marked improvement over their college careers.
Who Should Apply?
- Undergraduate students enrolled in an accredited college or university in the United States; students that have recently graduated may also apply
- Students enrolled in any academic major; undeclared or undecided students are also welcome to apply
- Students who have an interest in graduate school
- Students who are open to exploring the information sciences and its many interdisciplinary fields
- Individuals that can demonstrate a commitment to diversity and increasing opportunities for underrepresented populations
- U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Online application form including three essay questions
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official undergraduate transcripts
Submitting Your Application Materials
- The application form is available online here.
- The letters of recommendation should be uploaded by your references using the following form.
- Your official undergraduate transcripts should be sent to:
Attn: Michael Depew
iSchool Inclusion Institute (i3)
University of Pittsburgh
School of Information Sciences
135 N. Bellefield Avenue, Room 603
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
If your college or university uses e-transcripts, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All application materials must be received by January 17, 2014.
Helpful Hints for Applying
- Proofread your application
- Submit your application package early to ensure all materials are received
- Letters of recommendation should highlight your skills and accomplishments; recommendation letters should not come from friends or family